Traffic Ticket Lawyers in Westchester County, New York
If you have received a traffic ticket for speeding, reckless driving, following too closely, failing to yield the right of way, for improper passing, a moving violation, or improper cell phone use, you could be facing fines, points on your driver’s license, higher insurance rates, and, in some cases, even the loss of your driving privileges. Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law are traffic ticket lawyers in Westchester, New York who can help you fight your violation, reduce the number of points on your license, and help you understand your rights as you navigate the New York State legal system. Our qualified, professional, and caring attorneys will review the details of your violation, and help you understand your options under the law. If you need a ticket lawyer in Westchester, New York, you need Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law.
Consequences of a Traffic Ticket in New York
A traffic ticket in New York carries with it serious consequences. The seriousness of your fines, penalties, and collateral consequences will depend on the nature of your violation. However, you could face a range of challenges as a result of a traffic ticket in New York. What are some of these consequences?
- Fines. The amount you’ll have to pay for your traffic ticket will depend on the number of points you are being assessed. The value of your fine will depend on where the violation took place and the seriousness of the violation. You may also face court surcharges or other add-on fines if you are late in paying or if you had a suspended or revoked license at the time of your violation. You may also have to pay an assessment fee if you accumulate a certain number of points over a period of time.
- Accumulated Points. Every violation is assigned a number of points. The more serious the violation, the more points you will receive on your record. For instance, a minor speeding violation, where you were speeding in excess of 10 miles over the speed limit, will earn you 3 points. However, if you were going much faster over the speed limit, you could face greater penalties. Individuals traveling over 40 miles over the speed limit can be assessed 11 points. If you accumulate 11 points or more over an 18-month period, you could face a license suspension. Some violations can result in an assessment of 5 points. These violations include reckless driving, a railroad crossing violation, texting and driving, or improper cell phone use. Sometimes individuals face multiple violations at once, which can result in the quick accumulation of points, and can put a person at risk of losing their license. If you are facing a traffic ticket or a citation that will result in the accumulation of 11 or more points on your driving record, it is important to seek help. Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law are traffic ticket lawyers in Westchester, New York who can review the specifics of your case and help you understand your options.
- Suspended license. If you face a suspended license, it can be very costly to get your license back. Certain tickets in New York can result in the loss of your driving privileges. If you are facing these charges, you need the traffic ticket help of Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law in Westchester, New York.
- Insurance. If you accumulate points on your license, you could face higher insurance premiums. While these costs may not be apparent when you first get your traffic ticket, these collateral consequences can haunt your pocketbook for years to come.
- Loss of your job. If you drive a truck, school bus, or other commercial vehicle, you could lose your job if you get a traffic ticket. With any violation, you are innocent until proven guilty. If you are facing the loss of your livelihood due to a misunderstanding or due to a police officer’s error, Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law in Westchester, New York is a ticket lawyer who can help.
There are many consequences for getting a traffic ticket in Westchester, New York. You may not understand all your options under the law. While your ticket will inform you about court dates and the legal process, a traffic ticket lawyer like Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law in Westchester, New York understands the state’s traffic laws, possible defenses, and can help you evaluate your options when it comes to plea deals, courses, and other possible solutions to reduce your penalties and fines.
Speeding Ticket Lawyer in Westchester, New York
If you’ve received a speeding ticket in Westchester, New York, you may have several possible defenses to your ticket. For instance, officers use different methods to determine a person’s speed limit. Officers may just estimate your speed based on how fast they are driving or they may use a radar to track your speed. Each of these methods has its flaws and has a degree of inaccuracy. Your speeding ticket lawyer in Westchester, New York like Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law can review the methods officers used to determine your speed and possibly fight these determinations in court. If you were driving with the flow of traffic and were driving safely for the conditions, you may also be able to admit that yes, you were speeding, but that you weren’t being reckless. In some cases, driving slower than the flow of traffic can result in a more dangerous situation. Your speeding ticket lawyer in Westchester, New York can review the flow of traffic in the area, document the road conditions, and review ways the officer tracked your speed. Contact Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law today to protect your rights.
Defend Yourself in Westchester, New York
It is important to respond promptly and properly to a speeding ticket in Westchester, New York. Failing to do so can result in greater fines, loss of driving privileges, and other consequences. Don’t ignore your traffic ticket. Fight it. Get the traffic ticket help of Darren DeUrso: Attorney at Law in Westchester, New York today.